Maximum Impact — Reaching Black Boys — A Manhood Bootcamp
Date(s): Saturday, May 19th, 2018 - Saturday, June 2nd, 2018
Time: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
The Life Center – Bowie
13604 Old Annapolis Road
Bowie, MD 20720
Price: FREE - Registration Required
Jay Cameron has created Maximum Impact (a three-week personal development program) as a part of his Life Prep Academy for youth and young adults. Maximum Impact is a comprehensive program that confronts the many issues our youth and young adults face on a daily basis. (Proverbs 22:6)
Many high school aged black boys face unique cultural, family, emotional and economic challenges. Oftentimes, these issues are overlooked and are not addressed. As a result, these boys enter adulthood without the tools they need for becoming successful men. These deficiencies will threaten this generation if not addressed properly.
Jay grew up in Washington, DC in the 1980’s. Having attended Georgetown Day School and DC Public Schools, Jay’s unique educational background afforded him many opportunities but he still encountered many challenges that he was not prepared for. His goal through these sessions is to share the MANY lessons he wished someone had taught him as a high schooler. As a black man, Jay recognizes his responsibility to give back. These sessions will be upfront, honest, encouraging and empowering.
- Vision – Who Will You Become As A Man?
- God’s Plan vs. Your Plan
- Influences – Cultural Conditioning
- Black Boy Strategies – How To Position Yourself For A Life Of Success
- You’re Not A Victim! You’re A VictorStreet Smarts For The Boardroom
- Life’s Landmines – How To Navigate Them
- The Social Media Trick Bag
- Chasing Vapors – Money Vs. Character
- Dealing With Parent Issues
- The Buck Stops Here – Breaking Negative Generational Influences
- Man Up – Thinking and Acting Like A Man
- Self Control! – Emotions, Girls and More
- #BOSS Money – How To Be Financially Independent Without Becoming An Athlete Or Entertainer
- All participants must register in advance and be accepted into the program.
- Each session is limited to 35 young men between the ages of 14 to 18.
- Participants will be given weekly manhood assignments.
- Attendance is critical in order to gain the most from the program.
- Your high schooler should have a desire to want to improve his life by participating in this program. This is not a program for someone who is not interested in improving.
- Parents/Guardian will be required to view an online orientation before their child can participate in the program. This orientation can be viewed online at your availability prior to the start of the sessions.
- There is currently no fee for these sessions. Participants will be required to pay for fees associated with any trips or special activities should they be scheduled.
- All electronic devices must be turned OFF during the sessions.
- Disrespectful or inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
Register today. Space is limited!