Maximum Impact Parenting – Raising The 21st Century Teen
Date(s): Saturday, April 21st, 2018
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Camp Springs Community Church
8040 Woodyard Road
Clinton, MD 20735
Price: FREE - Registration Required
Join Jay Cameron for a comprehensive parenting boot camp that helps to unpack the challenges our teens are facing and offers practical solutions. As a follow up to the Maximum Impact Youth Bootcamps, Jay recognized the need to offer this parenting bootcamp.
Parenting the 21st Century teen can be a rewarding experience, but it can also come with its share of unique challenges. Today’s teens are presented with a host of opportunities and challenges. For the first time in recorded history, modern technology has created an environment where they can learn, earn and make life-altering decisions at lightning speed. Social media in conjunction with traditional media has an ever-increasing influence in their lives. The parents of these teens are faced with encouraging them to take advantage of the benefits of modern technology while helping them to navigate the potential pitfalls that await them.
In addition to modern technology, today’s teens are faced with family challenges and expectations along with social and internal pressures. Without the proper guidance and response to these issues, many teens are making unwise choices that carry severe consequences.
Who Is This Parenting Bootcamp For?
- Those who want to improve their parenting skills and offer the best opportunities for their teen
- Parents who are frustrated with their teen’s actions or inactions and are out of answers
- Individuals who work with teens regularly
Topics Include (Proverbs 22:6) (Ephesians 6:10-20):
- Your Teen’s Story – What’s Going On In Their Minds?
- The Compass – Your REAL Role As A Parent
- The Fear Factor – How Many Parents Unintentionally Sabotage Their Children
- Confidence – The Secret Ingredient
- Social Media – The Generational Disconnect
- What About Their Friends?
- The Performer – How Many Teens Hide Their Secret Lives
- Thirsty – What They REALLY Need From You
- #SPOILED #ENTITLED
- Overcoming Past Parenting Mistakes
- The Blended Family
- The Blame Game – When Pointing Fingers Leads To Broken Teens
- Money Matters – How Your Financial Decisions Can Impact Your Teen
- Turning The Corner – Establishing A Roadmap For Success For Your Child
This parenting boot camp is FREE! Donations will be received